Our kindergarten students learn to read and write in cursive and begin learning the core subjects of math science, language, social studies and art all with a Bible emphasis
Kindergarten students at DCS will learn the basic core principles in the following areas:
- Language Arts: Students learn the basics in Phonics and Reading, Cursive Writing, Language and Poetry.
- Numbers: Students will learn concepts including saying and writing by ones, twos, fives, and tens to 100, values of coins and bills, telling time, using the calendar, days of week, and much more.
- Science: K5 students will study plants, animals, health and the human body, and earth and space.
- Social Studies: Students learn how to be community helpers, about other children of the world, and about America.
- Bible: Students will learn hymns and choruses, Bible verses, Bible doctrine, and other lessons from Scripture.
- Arts and Music: Students participate in choir, music theory, and basic arts and crafts that help develop basic coordination and motor skills.